Sunday 9 October 2011

I hope disasters don't come in threes...

So today is the day of the great Cooking Marathon and I've already had two disasters!!  Admittedly, neither are cooking related but then that probably means that my next disaster will be torte-related! Ok, so neither of the following are truly disasters but superstition isn't exactly based on reasoned logic now is it?!?  So my two disasters, and brace yourselves...first i sliced my thumb open on a tin of tomatoes and secondly Mr Ellie has gone to work with my gym card so I can't go to the gym this morning.

Ok, so not exactly disasters either of them but darned frustrating none the less! Still, on the plus side, my bolognese sauce for lasagne is on the go and my onions and carrots are all ready for beef and ale stew.  I've got time now to knock up some pate sucre (sweet pastry) before I go shopping.  I'm planning on leaving the christmas cake until much later as it needs about 4-5 hours in the oven, so I shall put that on once everything else is cooked.

Miss E xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment