Sunday 6 November 2011

Its been a while...

It has been an awfully long time (or so it seems) since I was last here.  I have had a rather hectic few weeks, which to sum up involved having my parents up to stay, meeting my grandfather for the first time in my life, losing my beloved hamster Tayberry, gaining another delightful ferret and adopting another hamster, getting another year older (and I wish I could say wiser...) and finally going to the hospital to get (at last, hoorah!) my date for surgery.  Mr Ellie and I have finally sat down this weekend and had a bit of quiet time for the first time in what feels like an age.

However, I must not complain - it is far nicer to be busy than bored eh?!?  The only problem is that with everything going on, I have not exactly got very far with any baking or crafting.  When my parents came up to stay, I did a little baking and made orange and poppy seed cupcakes, chocolate orange fudge, white chocolate and raspberry frangipane tarts and mini mud pie cakes.  I didn't manage to get any photos taken before they were gobbled up (I was having to care for the very sick hamster at the time as well) so you'll have to make do with your imagination on this one I'm afraid.  I shall endeavour to make said goodies again sometime and share beautiful pictures with the world!

I have rediscovered the joy of fudge since then and just how easy it is to make, especially the recipe I used - all you need to do is heat up a can of condensed milk with 50 g of butter until the butter has melted, take it off the heat and stir in 200 g each of chocolate orange (I used a Terry's Chocolate Orange) and dark chocolate.  Then it all gets poured into a lined tin and placed in the fridge to set - it couldn't be easier!  Mr Ellie is very partial!

Today is going to be another cooking marathon so I'm in the process of drawing up a shopping list.  So far, I'm making chicken curry, risotto and cannelloni.  We'll see what else I have time for !

Miss Ellie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment