Friday 7 October 2011

Cooking Marathon

I have decided that Sunday will be a cooking marathon day - Mr Ellie has to work (boo!) so I'm all on my own (well if you don't count the 7 animals!).  I have therefore decided that I will put the radio on in the kitchen at full volume (mainly to drown out my singing), put my 'pinny on and roll up my sleeves for a major cooking day.  So far, (and I have to say that I am seriously considering adding to this list), I am planning on making:
Lasagne
Beef & Ale Stew
Tarte au Citron (a la Mary Berry)
Christmas cake
Cookies (yet to decide what flavour)
Cottage Pie
Bread - possibly foccacia
Sachertorte
Can you tell that I've been watching GBBO?!?  I watched the masterclass last night with Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood and picked up loads of tips.  I'm going to watch it again on the iPlayer so that I can write everything down! 
If I get time, I shall also be working on a cowl as I learnt to crochet at lunchtime yesterday (thanks to Miss A!) and I still have the second side of a tea cosy to knit.  Plus, thanks to the very generous Miss A, I now have a load more wool tops for needle-felting so I need to start planning some projects for that. 
Poor Mr Ellie will be on his hands and knees tomorrow laying laminate flooring whilst I am cosied up on the armchair knitting! He's such a good-un!
I promise to publish photos of anything I make - we'll see if I manage to make everything!!

Miss E xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment