Tuesday 19 March 2013

Moving and the extraordinary properties of scones on the soul

I moved to a new desk today at work as I'm taking on a new role for a few months.   Now this isn't a big deal (well I keep telling myself that), although I'm generally not good with change, but I was still feeling a little bit unsettled.

There was only one cure, I needed baked goods and I needed them quickly!  Now I'm very fortunate to have the lovely Andrea who runs our cafe at work and who bakes the most gorgeous scones.  They are simple, straight-forward, no-nonsense scones, usually sultana (but sometimes apple and cinnamon - totally the best!) and they make my soul sing.  They are the ultimate cure for a bad day, a 'girly' day or when you need that carbohydrated-loaded sense of comfort that only a sweet baked delight can bring. Today was clearly one of those days.

Isn't it lovely in all its sweet floury ways?!

I think this weekend might have to involve more scones, possibly a little afternoon tea with Mr Ellie...after all, afternoon tea is the ultimate soul comforter!

Miss E xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment